Paya Lebar Central is set to become a leading commercial center at the city fringe, as part of strategies by the authorities.
The Paya Lebar Central site contains two adjoining tracts divided the Geylang Canal and by Sims Avenue.
It said more than half – about 90,000 square metres (sqm) – will be allowed for office space.
The decentralisation strategies by authorities aims to supply jobs closer to houses, and reduce congestion and travelling times to and from the city centre.
“It’s a central heart, as a mixed-use development, where people can live, work and play, and minimise the reliance on auto transportation ” said Asia CEO Mr Rod Leaver, of Lend Lease.
Park Place Residences @ Paya Lebar Central
JEM is the third biggest suburban mall in Singapore and Lend Lease said it now has no plans to enlarge its retail foothold in that region, despite the coming developments there. The company would like to concentrate on present developments.
“One of the challenges we have is that Paya Lebar is an important development,” said Mr Leaver. “It Is one of our biggest mixed-use urban regeneration projects in Singapore. And for our Asia company, at the exact same time, we’ve just recently acquired a major development in Malaysia – the lifestyle quarter – in TRX. So we’ve got a fairly complete publication at the present time.”
Park Place Residences By LendLease
The Lifestyle Quarter in TRX is anticipated to include a mixed-use development of over 17 acres, including a resort, three residential towers and a fresh retail mall.
However, Lend Lease said it’s “some interest” in the commercial and residential projects, which might come up at the site of the High-Speed Railway terminus. The terminus will just occupy 20 per cent of the website, with the remaining 80 per cent to contain offices, retail space, and perhaps even houses.